Last date for submission IS 15th June 2013
The DSC Prize Secretariat must receive all entries for the DSC Prize, accompanied by the prescribed Entry Form, by 5 pm on 15th June, 2013.
- These would be scrutinized by the Secretariat and all the books that fulfill the eligibility criteria will be forwarded to each member of the Judging Panel. This Judging Panel comprises 5 eminent members including a Chair. The members of the Judging Panel are nominated with great care by the Advisory Committee and it is ensured that they together represent the interests and creative principles of the South Asia region.
- On receiving the package of books, each jury member will read and assess all the entries during a period of three and a half months and exchange evaluation reports with other members of the panel. The Judging Panel will announce a Longlist for the DSC Prize by mid October 2012.
- Over the next month, the Panel would further deliberate and hold a meeting to debate, discuss and announce a Shortlist of 5 (or 6) books by mid November 2013.
- The Judging Panel would remain in contact during the following months to finally evaluate the Shortlisted entries and announce the winner of the DSC Prize in the last week of January 2014.
- All the shortlisted authors along with the Jury members would be invited for this event. The winner of the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature would be felicitated at a special ceremony and receive an award of US $50,000. If the winning novel is a translated work then the prize money will be equally shared between the author and the translator.